Not a tech wizard?? No problem! Orangescrum further simplifies its installation with automation for you.
With over 120,000+ downloads it is imperative that setting up your favorite Project Management and Collaboration tool must be as easy as slicing a cake!
And to that effect we bring to you automated installation for Orangescrum – few clicks and a few minutes is all it takes to be aboard on a platform that keeps your teams organized and connected.
The idea is always to make our customers as productive and efficient as possible.
Without any further ado let us review the steps to hit the ground running with the most preferred productivity and business management software there is.
Installation Instruction for OrangeScrum Open Source Edition on CentOS 6.6 to 7.x
*Note: This script will not work on shared hosting; only works for CentOS on a dedicated server.
- RAM: minimum 2 GB
- Processor: Core2duo or Higher
- OS: Mac
- Disk Space: 10 GB or Higher
OS and Other required Parameters:
- A Fresh CentOS 7 server
- Internet Connection
- Email ID
- Email Password
- Email SMTP Mail Server Hostname / Private Mail Server Hostname
- SMTP Port
*Note: If Gmail ID used to make sure to enable the “less secure app” function. You can do this by logging into the Gmail account and go to “My Accounts” then click on “Sign-in & Security” and then enable the “Allow less secure apps: ON”.
*Note: Make sure to whitelist the application server domain/IP address from the private Mail Server.
*Note: OrangeScrum works on MySQL 5.6, Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.6
What does the installation package help with?
- Installs required packages and dependencies to support the application
- Installs and configures Apache Web Server
- Installs MySQL Server, creates a database and configures a user for database or create a database in an existing MySQL setup and configures user
- Setup CRON jobs
- Configures email settings
Steps to install OrangeScrum:
- Download the OrangeScrum Community Edition’s Automated Package.
- Copy it to the Server’s “/tmp” directory where it will be installed.
*You can use “WinSCP” of “Filezilla” to upload the package to your Server
- Login to “root” or run “sudo su -”
- Extract the compressed file:
- Change the directory to “orangescrum-master”:
- Run the setup.sh file:
- It will install all the required packages and dependencies and will ask for email ID, Email Password, SMTP mail server address, and SMTP port, Domain name or IP address for the Host.
- As the last step, Open your browser and log in to the application using the domain/IP address: http://Your_Domain/IP_Address
Note: This package can’t be installed in shared hosting. Follow these steps to install the package manually on CentOS.
It is really up to you now!
Get going with the above steps and unleash the power of being in control of your projects and your day!