Slack brings all the pieces and people you need together so you can actually get things done. It’s the platform which brings all communication together in one place. Slack teams allow communities, groups, or teams to join through a specific URL or invitation sent by a team admin or owner. Slack integration helps real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams in your project collaboration tool.
A few simple steps for your Orangescrum integration with Slack
- Create a new slack team – To begin communicating via Slack you first need to get your team created by doing a quick slack signup.
- Visit slack at https://slack.com/create to create your team as a first step towards Slack integration. You will need to perform the slack signup steps.
- By default Slack offers you 2 channels – #general and #random. You can create specific channels as per your requirement as shown below –
- Create a new slack App: https://api.slack.com/apps (step-3)
- After creating the App, Under Basic Information section you will find your Client ID and Client Secret. Copy them and keep them handy for step – 6 below
- Setup the Redirect URL under OAuth & Permissions section. The URL should be in the format https://oschat.orangescrum.com/?action=oauth. Change your orangescrum subdomain name in place of the bold text. E.g. If the Orangescrum URL for your company is https://abc.orangescrum.com, you need to enter the URL as https://abc.orangescrum.com/?action=oauth
- Login in to your Orangescrum Cloud account from http://orangescrum.com (step-6)
- Go to Slack Connect section from Setting->My Profile->Slack Connect and enter the Client ID and Client Secret key from step 3 here
- On clicking the SAVE button you will be prompted to select the Channel under which the notifications will be listed and click the AUTHORIZE button.
- After the setup is completed, Notifications will be shared from Orangescrum to the slack channel when
- A project is created, updated
- A task is created, assigned, updated (priority, due date) , deleted, archived, and upon status changes
- A comment is added with file attachments in both tasks and comments.
Orangescrum is offering a special discount to Opensource users – UP TO 30% OFF on All Add-ons
Explore Add-ons here