Hello, Orangescrum’ers! We are back with your monthly dose of productivity and efficiency boosters.
Take a quick peek into what kept us busy, very busy in February!
New Project Overview Dashboard
As I mentioned in my last blog, the intuitive Projects Overview Dashboard is the new way of tracking and monitoring tasks, projects and resources all at once in a single view.
The project overview dashboard gives all the important project metrics you care about:
- Project Status
- Project Progress Status in percentage (%)
- Project Start and End Date
- Task Count by Status – New, In Progress, Resolved and Closed
- Time Log Report with total Billable, Non-billable hours and total time spent for the project
- Team Member’s information with Total Tasks assigned, Overdue Tasks, Billable Hours and Non-Billable hours of each resource
- Project Go-Live Date
- Tasks File & Attachments list
- Number of Task Type belongs to which Task Type
- Activities Stream
- Overdue tasks
- Task Group report with New, Work in Progress, Overdue and Total tasks per Task Group
- Project Description
Weekend and Holiday Management
Being mindful of our global clientele with a global workforce, we have provided added flexibility for an efficient “Resource Planning”.
You now get to decide when you work, when you would like your weekends and incorporate your company holidays into your project and resource plans.
- Define the working hours of the company
- Define your company’s weekend days
- And the company holiday list for the year
As per the defined working hours, the available time of the resource per day is generated. This helps to know which resource is under-utilized or overloaded for efficient time management and increased transparency.
We do understand different countries have different cultures and a different holiday list. Taking cognizance of the borderless Orangescrum user, we allow you to define the holiday list of your organization.
It further enhances your resource management capabilities considering holidays and leave of resources. You can find more details here.
Remember, these settings can be defined by admin and account owner of SaaS edition.
Update Tasks directly from the Weekly Timesheet
On the Weekly Timesheet, you can update your tasks by clicking on the task title. On the pop-up, you can comment, change the task progress, change assign to etc. as in the task detail page.
Document Management Add-on
This exclusive new add-on is available for all Enterprise (Open Source) users.
Document Management system allows to link, track and manage all project documentation in a well-organized manner centrally.
When a user creates a project, Orangescrum will create a new folder with the same name in the document section.
Under the project (root) folder, it will have three default folders All Tasks, Archive & Master.
For every task, automatic new folders with task number and title under All Tasks folder will be created to host all files related to that task.
A user can perform the following actions for All Tasks folder:
- Delete: – Only uploaded user or owner can delete the files
- Archive: – Only uploaded user or owner can archive the files
- Download: – All users which are belonging to the project can download the files.
All archived files will be stored in the Archive folder.
For Archive folder, the user can:
- Restore: – Only uploaded user or owner can restore the files.
- Delete: – Only uploaded user or owner can download the files.
Under Master Folder, a user can create multiple folders. You can create sub-folders too. You can upload files directly to any folder without attaching the document to any task. As an account owner, you can define who’ll access the files and folders.
Folder and File permissions management has also been baked into the Document Management system.
A user can perform the following action if a user has permission to all actions:
- Rename files
- Upload files
- Create folder
- Move a file
- Copy and Paste a file
- Delete a file
- Archive a file
- Download a file
Version Management – While uploading the same file, if you select keep option, the version of the file will be changed automatically. With selection “Delete”, the new file will replace the old file.
Would you like to have a personalized demo of the Document Management add-on? Schedule it here.
See you next month with added features, enhancements and a further robust Orangescrum. In the meanwhile, keep pouring your suggestions & feedback.
Gift your teams increased productivity by efficient Resource & Project Planning with Orangescrum! Sign up today for a full-featured 30 day Free Trial. No commitment required!
70 total views, 0 views today